Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fresh Sewing Day

Fresh Sewing Day @ Lily's Quilts
The first day of each month is Fresh Sewing Day, hosted by Lily's Quilts and Sew Fresh Fabrics. The purpose is to show something you've been working on the previous month that made you happy. I don't even have to think hard to remember what gave me the most joy in the sewing room this past month. It was definitely my Supernova quilt. This was a quilt along with Lee of Freshly Pieced, and every step was a pleasant surprise. In a previous post, I mentioned that I had never experienced such drama piecing a quilt together as I did on this one ~ so amazing! Hope to get it quilted and bound this month.

(For those new visitors, I bought all the batiks on a recent trip to Hawaii. The blues, greens, & gold are reminiscent of the waters of the Big Island, the background is KONA Sand, and the black represents the lava seen all over the island.)

Be sure and check out the other joy-giving projects at Lily's Quilts!

6 comments:

  1. I love Lee's supernova quilts popping up everywhere and this one is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you used the blues and greens here. Should look even better when it is all finished. Look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely quilt! You've convinced me to give Supernova a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is lovely, I love the colours, they are really vibrant but very subtle

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just wonderful, I am looking forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love those blues you've used and I will have to give this one a try, thanks for the kind message on my blog, am looking forward to seeing more :-)

    ReplyDelete