Friday, May 27, 2011

A Shop and A Book

Yesterday, while out and about, I visited a sweet little quilt shop, Glad Creations. I was welcomed by the most wonderful display of KONA cotton solids. Sooo lovely!
Mom was with me and fell in love with a sample table runner, so we had fun picking out some fabric for a project for her. So while this isn't exactly 'stash fabric', it'll be nice to have it hang out in the sewing room until I get started.
Lastly, I saw a new book I was interested in, which I didn't realize was even on the shelves yet! Couldn't resist buying a copy each for daughter dear and myself.
It features 12 different quilt bloggers who participated in a year-long "block party". The book is full of modern quilt blocks, 'taught' by several bloggers I follow - A Quilt is Nice, Film in the Fridge, Tall Grass Prairie, and Oh, Fransson - and more that I want to check out! What a great little quilty outing!


1 comment:

  1. Look at all that Kona! I wish I had a local store like that! So cool! I ordered that very book from Amazon last week, but alas it will be a week or two before it comes in! I am really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete