Monday, June 6, 2011

Just Swell

Well, my little diversion from "big project" quilting has been enjoyable, and last night I finished Just Swell, a darling cover for my newly tuned sewing machine. I really enjoyed this pattern from Simplify - the zig-zags were fun! I did have to adjust the size a bit, as my machine was larger than the original pattern, and I chose to make my binding 2 1/2", rather than the 3" suggested. Actually, I've always been a 2"-binding-person, so even doing 2 1/2" was a switch for me, but it turned out very nicely, and the cover is definitely being put right to use!
Also linking up with {Sew} Modern Monday today with my little project!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

8 comments:

  1. I love it Debbie! So pretty! Do you have ties on the sides? I can't quite tell. I love the gray with the little bits of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!
    Your fabric choices are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Love the gray you used. Hmm, maybe I need to make a cover for my machine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Love it! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour combinations with the grey fabric, gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the grey fabric with that pop of color...it looks fantastic! So modern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really fun- with the Metro circles fabric and the zig-zag piecing. I'm sure you (and your newly-tuned) machine are very happy to have such a fun cover.

    ReplyDelete