Monday, November 25, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 79, 80, & 81

It's been fun to have a few of you succumb this far into the City Sampler Quilt Along and purchase Tula Pink's City Sampler because you've enjoyed the blocks you've been seeing! Awesome. Glad to have you joining in the fun!

This week we continue with the squares section, which I'm really enjoying, especially when it's obvious a fussy-cut or two is in order.

 #80 here is a new favorite. What looks black in my photo is really a dark Kona Coffee (no pun intended!).

 And finally, block #81 marks a momentous occasion. Can you guess what it is?
It would be that moment when my block-stuffed book no longer stays open by itself! A few more weeks and it can take a well-deserved rest!

Linking up with Sew Sweetness.

7 comments:

  1. I just love these and I don't know why!! I've had the book since it came out so there is no excuse for not jumping in. Well, there is one. I'm making a personalized handprint quilt for my grandson's kindergarten class that will be auctioned off in March. It has become somewhat involved. I have to do a great job on it so I am taking my time. But, thank you again for sharing your blocks. I look forward to it, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squirrel!
    Oh, and the other blocks are fun, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kona Coffee. haha

    Keep plugging along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking fabulous, as ever. My heart is breaking slightly for your book though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMM...Kona Coffee! Just right.
    My book is on its way, in fact it may be at the post office today! I'm going to give it another 20 minutes and then I am going to go check. I'm excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the fussy cutting in your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie I love your posts on these blocks! They are really interesting. You are doing so well with them.

    ReplyDelete