Tuesday, May 6, 2014

W.i.P. Wednesday

The last time I popped in for W.i.P. Wednesday, I was heading on retreat, and had more than a reasonable number of projects on my to do list. Three of those projects are now happily posted in the 2014 Quilts tab above - yay for that! Currently, here's what else I've got going . . .

Postage Stamp quilt - I did manage to finish cutting over 1200-2 1/2" squares, basically cutting up my stash.

I'm using the tutorial by Louise/I'm Feelin' Crafty, and adhering my squares to featherweight interfacing before sewing the blocks together. The top block shown below has its seams all sewn; the others have the squares pressed to the interfacing and are ready to be sewn. I was gung ho on getting on these the other night, and then managed to distract myself on other projects. oops.


Cross-Stitch Blocks - Here's another scrap project - cross-stitch blocks using the tutorial by Alyssa/Pile O'Fabric. I'm using Kona Ash charm squares as my base. I've got at least 50 x-pieces cut out, but for the pattern I have in mind, I'll need over 100 total, so I've got a ways to go. Haven't touched this one in weeks. I'd really like to finish the scrappy Postage Stamp quilt and then move on to this one.


I'm calling this one a w.i.p. even though I am still expecting a few blocks from my Mid-Century Modern Bee. These are Rolling Diamonds blocks from the tutorial by knottygnome crafts. I'm really liking these blocks!

I'm pattern-testing for Leanne/shecanquilt - her soon-to-be released "Canvas" based on her Colour Study quilts. I've really enjoyed this process, and am putting the finishing touches on my sample, so will be showing that off soon!


So that's what's actually in the works! And of course there's plenty more project ideas rolling around in my head . . . So it goes!

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

14 comments:

  1. Love your Rolling Diamonds blocks! and I must admit, I have always wanted to do a Postage Stamp quilt, but the thought of all those small squares has put me off!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Rolling Diamonds blocks look scraplicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You ARE busy Debbie! I'm not sure I'd have the energy to cut AND sew a postage stamp quilt! It is going to be a great scrap buster! And of course I love the Rolling Diamonds! Looking forward to see this one come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing all those tiny squares is making me want to get out my giant bin of scraps and go to work!!! I think that will be my thunderstorm Saturday activity :) Love those bee blocks too ! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. all great projects! I want to do an X quilt too... you always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the quilting on canvas, so pretty. Looking forward to see what becomes of the other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every single project I just love - congrats on adding to your 2014 Finished Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such fun projects Debbie. Love, love, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects as usual Debbie. Love that Rolling Diamonds quilt!
    I need to check out the postage stamp tutorial, I'm curious abut the interfacing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some great projects n the go, I love that matchstick quilting

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have some beautiful things underway and congrats on some recent finishes as well, bet that feels great!

    Stopping by from Lee's hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/05/wip-wednesday-may-7th.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting, using the featherweight interfacing to piece patchwork. I think Elizabeth Hartman has a similar tutorial somewhere. I guess it doesn't add much weight to the project, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the proportions of your cross stitch blocks. With the charm squares, how wide are you cutting your strips to insert?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great group of projects! I'm working on a postage stamp quilt as my Leader/Ender project right now....it's my second one....the first used 2 inch squares and this one is with 2.5 inch. Technically, I think a true postage stamp uses 1 inch squares but....

    ReplyDelete