Friday, January 23, 2015

arbitrary

About time for some randomness, no?

First off, you probably saw the sketchbook cover I showed off the other day. I used this Journal Cover tutorial, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Yet I happened upon another tutorial (thanks Blue.Ridge.Girl!) by  Bloomin' Workshop, which has the added features of bound edges and rounded corners. I think it's good to have options, and would highly recommend both tutorials if you're so inclined to make a cover too.

And speaking of options, the paper-pieced Hack Slash block by badskirt that started off my sketchbook cover is now available as a traditional pieced block as well. (Thanks Amy!) I'm kinda crushing on this block right now!

Boy things are just leading one to another today! My guild-mate, Allison of Allison Sews shared a new-to-me technique for freezer paper piecing this week. She makes it look simple and neat and definitely worth trying next time I paper piece. I even have the suggested Add-A-Quarter ruler around here somewhere!

Have you heard about Heidi/Fabric Mutt's Sew the Library sew along and linky party? I find I often use my craft books for inspiration or technique and then go off on my own. Others, though, you've known me to sew from beginning through to the end. Either way, they are a treasure trove for sure. If you've sewn from your library lately, consider joining in!
sew along
  
Lastly, I randomly (right?) posted my Quiltyness Pinterest board on my facebook page last week, and it got shared around quite a bit, so I thought I'd mention it here. I go there often for inspiration and even just to soak up the beauty created by our quilting community. Another of my favorite boards is my Quilt BLOCKS board, where I stash blocks I want to try or even blocks I've made - just to remember.
 
Anyway, there's some stuff I've enjoyed lately and wanted to share with you. Happy Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal cover! Lots of pretty blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love that journal cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love the journal cover, and thank you for all the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great randomness Debbie. I just love that notebook cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently started covering journals for swap gifts, and now I'm addicted to it! They are a wonderful gift, and so much fun to do. I love the blocks you used for yours! Fun to see the Tallahassee block too. I used it ages ago for a quilt, and it's a favourite. Freezer paper piecing is something I haven't tried yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your notebook covers... must try to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal cover is very special. Thank you for the feedback. One thing that was not mentioned in the second tutorial is after measuring the journal how much do we add for fabric cutting?
    Myrto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always such a good stop for inspiration Deb!

    ReplyDelete