Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Junctions

Just about ready to leave the office yesterday, I texted hubby, "You up for meeting me at the U-Haul?" Yes he was, and no, we're not moving. But I had noticed their diamond-clad wall a couple of weeks ago, and I had my heart set on taking a photo of my latest FAITH Circle finish with that wall as a background. Don't worry. I asked permission, and before long I had what I was after.
The blocks are 11 1/2" (unfinished) intersection blocks, tutorial by Film in the Fridge, and I admired them from the second I saw Ashley post them. Frankly, I think they are perfect for a group bee such as this, and my FAITH Circle girls hit my chosen palette perfectly. 

For backing, I went stash-diving and came up with 2 pieces of Simply Color by Vanessa Christenson of V and Co., and lo and behold, did they not look terrific pieced together.
Quilting was done with Aurifil 50wt #2021 (Natural White) in a grid, double stitching in some areas, single in others, and honestly, it was a pleasure to do.
Binding is hard to see well, but is Joel Dewberry's Notting Hill Frames in Fern, a sweet aquamarine and citron geometric print - one of my favorites in the line.
The quilt finished at 55"x55", and once I get a do.Good Stitches label on, it'll be off to Restore Innocence, our bee's chosen charity. There, it will hopefully bring a smile to a young girl's face, just like it has to mine.

This project is on my 2015 Q1 Finish-A-Long list.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

29 comments:

  1. Wonderful color and an amazing quilt. I must try this block. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I saw this block also and was attracted to it. Your friends did an amazing job and you arranged them perfectly. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, Debbie! You are too funny with photo shoots. How do you explain to U-Haul that you want to tape a quilt to the side of their building?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking quilt. The backing is perfect, love the picture on the wall. it is a perfect backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect backdrop for a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy blues and greens! LUV. Do you know the CAPTCHA is turned on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, this is so lovely! A pefect photo spot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't tell you how fabulous this is! But you already know that ; )
    Great job everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous and the wall is perfect for a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! What a sweet quilt. And the fabrics are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blocks, and the colors, and the wall! :) Great job on putting it all together - you certainly have a knack for picking the right combos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific finish. It will certainly bring a smile to someone's face.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out great, Debbie. It's so well balanced, and I love that you chose the light colored intersection for the center block.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A UHaul wall - good idea! Great do.Good finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done Deb! I love reading how you weave the quilt story together :o) My favorite picture is the one with the razer wire...wow!! What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your quilt and the photo shoot wall! I also get a kick out of finding fun places to photograph quilts.I bet the people at U-Haul hadn't been asked if they "rented" out their warehouse wall before! They are still probably talking about it in the break room!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful quilt Debbie and a perfect place to hang it! What kind of tape did you use? I recently "borrowed" my neighbors metal building to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It turned out so good! Well done Faith Circle ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This quilt is so striking, I really love this block and the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh very nice and I'm sure it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So nice Debbie. Really like the colors. But in addition to the U-Haul did you also hang out at the local prison? I see barbed wire.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a lovely quilt which will make someone very happy and your photos are great. I do love the thought of quilters all over the world unembarrassedly taking pictures of their creations in the most unlikely places.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great quilt and great background for the photos!! Really makes the quilt sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Your color placement is just perfect. Thanks for referencing the FITF tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've admired Ashley's quilt too! A get idea for a bee quilt and the colours came together so beautifully! A stunning finish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this quilt! The colors and pattern are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous wall for taking photos and your quilt is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete