Friday, July 14, 2017

All Anew

Here's a little revisit to my Refiner's Fire that I posted back in April....



You may remember it was created for the Women of the ELCA Tenth Triennial Gathering with the theme "All Anew", a black and white plus one challenge finishing at 40" square. (Here's my original post if you missed it.)

Anyway, the gathering started yesterday, and this 'sneak peek' video was posted on Facebook:


Deb Westerberg/[@dulutheran] was kind enough to snap a few photos. Her quilt is the QR Code to the left of mine below.



And some wider shots...




Anyway, it's fun to see all the entries together - 47 of them. How I would love to read some of those artist statements!

10 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing the preview! fun to see them all together. I'm with you, it would be fun to read the statements! they should publish them online. As always, I love your quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends is attending the Triennial Gathering. I'll bet she tells me all about the quilts when she returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a beautiful display! I'm so glad you got video and photos of it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a display! Love that they are arranged by color order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt you created for this show ! What a good idea to arrange the quilts by color !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is gorgeous of course! Seeing the photos with all of them is amazing! I love the way they are displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks nice, the way the quilts have been hung by colour, and yours is especially beautiful.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black and white with one other color is a great challenge. Thanks for sharing the results!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to spend some time seeing them and reading about each quilt.

    ReplyDelete